Syuhada en France
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Buon giorno!

Turin/Torino was great! I am pleased to inform you that my Italian has improved by 100% (I previously knew zero italian lol). It's very similar to French & Spanish, so it was very easy! Turin was superbly clean (relative to France but of course who can beat Singapore?) and beautiful. :) For those who didn't know, Turin was where they had the Winter Olympics in 2006 and you can still see remnants of the neon decorations all over.


From left: (Day 2) Pretty walkways - Loren & Me - Atrium at Piazza Solferino - Olympic Museum - The inside of the museum was really cool - I won Loren 1-0! - Smile! - I took this photo ;) - Piazza Castello - A side of Palazzo Madama - Palazza Madama - Palazzo Reale (Royal Palace) in Piazza Castello - The inside of Palazzo Madama which I thought was grand until I entered Palazzo Reale - Gold, gold and more gold - Ivory carvings - One of the rooms in Palazzo Madama - Obligatory flower photo - Palazzo Reale - Kids are too active nowadays - Citta di Torino - Biblioteca Reale - Piazza Castello - Mole Antonelliana where we took the Panoramic Lift up - Viva Italia! - Typical Italian housing - View from the top of the Mole - Museo Nazionale del Cinema which was the coolest, most interactive and most fun museum I've ever been to! - Indian dinner - (Day 3) Museo Egizio was full of mummies and corpses and not for the faint-hearted - Porta Palatina - Coolest tram I've ever seen - Ponte Vittorio Emanuele I - Neon - Waiting in the rain for the boat ride - Borgo Medievale - We took the tram Sassi-Superga! - It was soooo fun and we went up the hill - Pretty at the top - Zoomed-in view of Turin from the top - Ponte Vittorio Emanuele I at night - Fiume Po at night - Walking back - (Day 4) Snow on the way back - Lovely scenery from the train - (Misc Photos) Fiume Po/Ponte Umberto I - Green - One of the Olympic Mascots - Mole in reflection - Olympics!


Special Mentions
  • Their Tourism Office (Turismo Torino) for having a 2-day pass for 18 euros which made everything that we could possibly do free! (Public transport, Tourism Bus, ancient tram up the hill, entry to museums & palaces, panoramic lift, boat rides etc.) It was very much worth it and Loren and I had a blast showing our pass whenever we want to do anything. :D
  • The superbly nice lady i/c at Hotel Frejus (where we stayed) for helping us out and giving us lots of freebies despite our language difficulties - free 1.5 litres of bottles cola and orange and even a huge 2 litre bottle of mineral water! Couldn't stop laughing when she gave me all that to carry back into our room when all I wanted to was ask for a free glass of coke. She also gave us bread and biscuits for our trip home. Sadly, Loren was too nice so we did not touch the cola and biscuits and left them in the room before we left.

Ok! Have to finish my french essay! Ciao ciao!

Labels: ,

posted by Syuhada @ 12:51 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: Syuhada
Home: Singapore
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox


Links
Fellow Bloggers-in-France
Footprints 2007
Copyright 2007
    All the images are from the author's personal photography collection and copyrighted.
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER